ENERGY GALORE: Are You Feeling Dog-Tired?
Supercharge Your Energy in 8 Simple, Surefire Ways
For additional information on the ABCs of energy and how to revitalize your body from head to toe, please refer to my book, WIRED FOR HIGH-LEVEL WELLNESS, available worldwide through Amazon.
Energy within the human body is an astonishingly complex and powerful phenomenon. There is probably very little that goes on in your body, your mind, or your life that doesn’t have an impact on how much energy you have. Conversely, how much energy you have affects everything in your life, including your self-confidence, your chances of success, your work, love relationships and friendships. Energy is, indeed, one of your most valuable resources. It is also a resource that you can control.
Here are some of my best tips to supercharge your energy:
1. Shed extra fat. It's important to reduce extra weight you are carrying around on your body. An excess of unhealthy fat puts stress on your entire body and makes you tired. To read more information on how to lose weight easily and effortlessly, please click HERE.
2. Find ways to exercise daily. Develop a well-rounded fitness program that includes strength training, aerobics, and stretching. Make this program a top priority in your life, and stay committed to it. There is nothing that will do more good for you in terms of being vibrantly healthy, energetic, and youthful than a regular fitness program. For some tips on how to Stay Motivated to Exercise, refer to my book Invest in Yourself with Exercise.
3. Laughter energizes the body and buoys us up. Whatever is stressing you out, one way to mollify this stress is to make sure your life is filled with laughter. Spend time with friends and family members who genuinely make you laugh. Laughter quells depression, activates the immune system, and makes your skin glow. And don't forget to laugh at yourself once in awhile when you make a mistake or do something unexpected—it is a humbling experience and one that reminds you not to take life too seriously. Life is meant to be enjoyed! To learn about my favorite way to relax—a practice that also makes my skin glow with youthful vitality, quells joint aches and pains, supports heart health, and detoxifies my body better than anything else, click HERE.
4. Keep your body hydrated. Dehydration enervates the body and reduces cell function. When your body becomes dehydrated, even a wee bit, it puts more stress on your heart and zaps your energy. Water is also a safe, cheap, and effective appetite suppressant. Often when we think we're hungry, we're actually thirsty. To learn how the best kind of water can help you shed extra weight, detoxify your trillions of cells, and rejuvenate your body from head to toe, click HERE.
5. Make colorful, fresh fruits and veggies your daily companions. When I was young, my mom andgrandmother always encouraged me to eat real food (not fake food), not too much, mostly plants, and to savor every bite (put the fork down between bites, breathe deeply and appreciate the food). I still honor their guidance to this day. I eschew refined carbs, fried foods, most beige and white foods, and anything made with artificial additives. I am happiest and most energetic when I emphasize plant-based foods as close to the way nature made them as possible. And never underestimate the importance of a minute of quiet, thankful prayer, and deep breathing before each meal or snack. This simple, yet sacred, practice will assist you in eating more slowly, enjoying the food more, and utilizing more nutrients through the digestive process.
The world's most salubrious superfoods are homegrown sprouts. It takes only a couple minutes daily and in 2-7 days, you can grow and enjoy over 30 kinds of delicious organic sprouts grown in very little space in your kitchen. For decades, I've been teaching people worldwide how to grow sprouts and got the nickname "The Sprout Lady." Learn the ABCs of growing and benefiting from sprouts in my full-color, beautifully designed, and highly informative book
KITCHEN GARDENING: Rejuvenate with Homegrown Sprouts
To read the entire Foreword for this book, please click HERE.
6. Sleep for more vitality. There is nothing more restorative for the body than getting "good" sleep every night. Shakespeare once wrote that sleep "knits up the raveled sleeve of care." That's a poetic way of saying that sleep repairs and restores the mental and physical damage wrought throughout our stressful days. It also supports weight loss and supercharges energy. For detailed information on how to sleep like a baby, refer to Wired for High-Level Wellness.
7. Simplify life and slow down. Find joy in simple pleasures. Breathe deeply, smell the flowers, talk to the animals, sing with the birds, be with friends, greet the sun and moon, scratch behind your kitty's ear, and make someone smile. Marvel at the miracle you are, tell someone you love them, and laugh out loud—often!
For additional info on all of these topics and much more, please refer to my book
WIRED FOR HIGH-LEVEL WELLNESS.