A Hug in a Mug
A HUG IN A MUG: Revitalize with Fruits, Veggies, Juices, Teas, Soups, Spices & Healthy Living Extras
Release Date for this new book is March 3, 2024
There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea.
~ Henry James
~ Henry James
For some of the book's praise, click HERE.
For the full cover, click HERE.
Herbal teas, culinary spices, fresh juices, and resplendent veggies are fashionable these days worldwide. In most cities, you can find farmers’ markets offering a cornucopia of colorful produce. Juice and tea shops are flowering up everywhere, and in most grocery stores, you can find all of these gems of nature. These God-given foods are imbued with nature’s healing components to keep your body vibrantly healthy and slimmed down easily and naturally. When Susan was a teenager, her grandmother and mom started teaching her about the myriad health benefits of “naturefoods,” including nutrient-dense fresh juices, teas, spices, and veggies.
In A Hug in a Mug, Susan shares her decades of knowledge and research on the best teas and juices to drink and the most health-giving spices to add to your diet on a regular basis such as turmeric, basil, oregano, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, ginger, and garlic. She offers fascinating stories about the history of these naturefoods and her hints to get the most out of the beverages or spices. As well, she includes her favorite fresh juice and tea blend recipes that you can make in your home, along with the easiest and best ways to make and drink tea, fresh juice, and delicious soups. Susan’s beautifully designed book and many tasty recipes round out this volume which will be loved and appreciated by you, your family, and friends. And finally, you’ll read about her favorite surefire tips for natural and sustained weight loss along with simple ways to make veggies deliciously appealing as your quotidian companions. As Susan writes in this holistic health and lifestyle book, “delicious, nutritious meals are love you can taste.” Enjoy!
There's a British tradition for afternoon tea using a variety of different teas and you'll learn about the history of this most enjoyable habit. I also cover in detail the history of tea-drinking around the world. You’ll want to cozy up with a warm cup of tea or freshly made juice while reading this enchanting and enriching book, learning countless, simple ways to upgrade your physical and mental health.
Quote from A HUG IN A MUG
Lavender flowers symbolize spirituality, purity, silence, love, grace, serenity and calmness. This is one of my favorite scents in the world; I find ways to incorporate different forms of it into my daily life in a variety of ways, including tea, essential oil, in a diffuser, in sachets for my closet and drawers and in cologne and perfume.
Some of the things you will learn about culinary spices in this book include:
- Cinnamon lowers blood sugar levels and has a powerful anti-diabetic effect.
- Sage can improve function and memory.
- Peppermint relieves IBS pain and may reduce nausea.
- Turmeric contains curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory effects.
- Holy Basil helps fight infections and boosts immunity.
- Cayenne Pepper contains capsaicin, which helps reduce appetite and may have anti-cancer properties.
- Ginger can treat nausea and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Fenugreek improves blood sugar control.
- Rosemary can help prevent allergies and nasal congestion.
- Garlic can combat sickness and improve heart health.
Drinking juice with various fruits and vegetables has the ability to increase your nutrient intake which will introduce vitamins and minerals into your body. These are helpful in the protection against diseases such as heart disease, high blood sugar, issues with the digestive system, immune system, high blood pressure and more.
Here are only a few of the benefits of juicing offered in the book:
- Juicing helps you to consume more fruits and veggies.
- Juicing can give you more energy.
- Juicing can help you sleep better.
- Juicing can help you focus better.
- Juicing can help you live longer.
- Juicing can help you detox.
- Juicing can help combat dehydration.
- Juicing can help you to lose weight.
- Juicing can help your digestive system.
- Juicing can help bring your family together.
Here are only a few of the benefits of some herbal teas included in the book:
- Chamomile tea is known for its calming effects and is frequently used as a sleep aid.
- Peppermint tea is one of the most commonly used herbal teas in the world for digestive health.
- Ginger tea is a spicy and flavorful drink to help fight inflammation and boost immunity.
- Hibiscus tea may help lower high blood pressure and fight oxidative stress.
- Echinacea tea is commonly used to prevent or shorten the duration of the common cold.
- Rooibos tea may help improve bone health and reduce heart disease risk.
- Sage tea improves cognitive function and memory.
- Lemon Balm tea improves antioxidant levels, heart and skin health and relieves anxiety.
- Rose Hip tea is high in vitamin C and antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Passionflower tea helps improve sleep and reduce anxiety.
Some people will tell you there is a great deal of poetry and fine sentiment in a chest of tea.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Once you get a spice in your home, you have it forever. Women never throw out spices. The Egyptians were buried with their spices. I know which one I'm taking with me when I go.
~ Erma Bombeck
~ Erma Bombeck