Seasonal Allergy Relief
Spring is in full bloom now, if you live north of the equator. For many people, it's a time of renewed vigor, outdoor workouts, and gardening galore. Yet for others — and it's estimated that over 40 million Americans suffer distressing seasonal sensitivities — the blooms of spring spell misery.
The good news? As I write about in detail in my booklet/CD combos Herbs: Nature's Medicine Chest and Conquer Cold & Allergies: Surefire Tips to Find Comfort Naturally & Boost Your Immune System, and also communicate in my latest book Walking on Air: Your 30-Day Inside and Out Rejuvenation Makeover, there's hope in nature's medicine chest for safe, effective, and time-tested relief. And while natural remedies can soothe symptoms after they start, many have found it helpful to build up their defenses before seasonal sensitivities get them down.
For seasonal allergy relief, in addition to Nettle Leaves that I write about below, I also recommend Hawaiian Spirulina. This microalgae-based superfood, which was a staple of the Mayan/Aztec diet, calms the immune response of those with nasal allergies, according to a recent study in the Journal of Medicinal Food. Take 3,000 mg daily along with 12 mg of Hawaiian Astaxanthin. For more information on these two superfoods that I wouldn't be without in my high-level wellness program, and how to get a 25% discount, along with a FREE copy of my popular book The Curative Kitchen, please click HERE.
Take the "Sting" Out of Seasonal Sensitivities
Stinging Nettle is a popular herbal solution for many in my private practice. Why? For one thing, it's a natural source of quercetin, a plant-derived flavonoid that supports the body's response to allergens and inhibits histamine release (the substance produced in the body that causes bothersome sneezing, itching, and respiratory complaints). To find out more about one of my favorite herbal remedies that takes the "sting" out of seasonal sensitivities, please continue.
Health Benefits of Stinging Nettle
- Supports allergy response
- Soothes distressing seasonal symptoms such as teary eyes and runny nose. Individuals with pollen-related concerns who drank 1 to 2 cups of Nettle tea daily, or who took 2 to 4 - 500 mg capsules daily in November and continued through April when the pollen arrives, reported improved allergy response in the spring. Yet, consuming the tea or capsules beginning in April, if this is new information for you, will also have a positive effect.
This nutrient-packed root also revitalizes the body, promotes urinary tract health, builds healthy blood and more! Don't let springtime sensitivities drag you down. Get a lending hand from nature's wonderland.
For more than 35 years, I have purchased my herbal remedies through the Penn Herb Company. A family-fun business since 1924, they offer over 7,000 top quality herbal remedies and other natural products that have been instrumental in keeping me in the pink for decades. As a result of their products, I have never taken any medications. Order online or by telephone, and your products are delivered to your home or office. How convenient is that? To order Stinging Nettle capsules and tea, visit: PennHerb.com or call: 800-523-9971 (US & Canada) or 215-632-6100 (International), both ET, M - F • 8:30 - 5:00pm.
More Relief for Seasonal Allergies
Seasonal Allergy Relief Elixir Smoothie Recipe
Prep Time: 4-5 minutes
2 cups nettle tea* (I get mine through Penn Herb)
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1 orange, peeled
- 2 slices of pineapple, peeled
- 2-3 slices of fresh ginger root cut about 1/4 inch thick with the skin left on
- 1 teaspoon Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica powder*
- 1 teaspoons of flax seeds (sometimes I substitute chia seeds)
- Ice cubes to taste
In a blender, put all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. If you would prefer it thinner, add some more tea. Sip this delicious smoothie daily for seasonal allergy relief.
• The herb, Stinging Nettle, acts as a natural antihistamine that relieves seasonal allergies including hay fever. My clients usually take between 2,000 and 3,000 mg daily of the Nettle Leaves to quell their allergy symptoms and everyone tells me that it works like magic, and they would not be without this magic bullet combo of Hawaiian Spirulina (3,000 mg daily) and Nettle during the allergy season or year-round. (See above in the previous box on how Hawaiian Spirulina quells allergy symptoms.) You can get the Stinging Nettle in capsules, powder form, loose herb form, etc., all through my favorite herbal and natural remedy company, PennHerb.com. Yes, you can find tea bags, too, but it's much less expensive if you purchase the herb and make your own tea, as I do, at the above link. I also recommend taking the capsules daily if you suffer those pesky allergy symptoms.